Studies have shown wide variances in cancer care exist across the US, here are 7 tips for Receiving Better Cancer Care:
- Cancer is personal, and so is your care.
- Be your own guide.
- Go for the cureÖ
- ÖBut understand that more is not always better.
- Palliative and hospice care can help people live longer.
- Conversations matter.
- Donít take quality for granted.
“Donít confuse palliative and hospice care with giving up hope of living†longer. In actuality, patients with invasive cancers who receive palliative care along with cancer treatments tend to enjoy better quality of life and live longer. Similarly, cancer patients who receive hospice care tend to live longer than those who donít.”
Compassion Hospice offers our Palliative Care program ( Compassion HouseCalls )
– covered by Medicare, we’re here to help improve†the quality of life for both patients and families facing advanced or chronic illness. We offer guidance, support to alleviate stress and anxiety, and education for those living with advanced or chronic illness.
“The reasons are not mysterious. Palliative and hospice care teams provide meticulous clinical attention to peopleís pain and other symptoms, as well as support for their emotional and spiritual concerns. These programs provide medications needed to control pain and other discomfort, visits by highly skilled nurses, a team of professionals, and quick access to someone to answer questions or manage problems 24 hours a day. Itís little wonder that people with advanced cancer who receive such comprehensive whole-person care are able to feel a bit better and survive longer.”
For more information about the Compassion Housecalls Palliative Care program, call us at 409-835-8357 .
If you know of someone who needs help, we’re available today, 24/7. Start here: Get Help Today or call 835-8357 .